Whether you fancy yourself a high flying entrepreneur or just want to make a bit of money on something you make, starting a business is a great way to gain skills and experiences. At LUSU, we support you in turning your “idea on a post-it note” into a start up venture, guiding you through the world of setting up your own business and much more. If you have any questions about starting a business or want to get involved in helping students start their own businesses, get in touch with LUSU’s Innovation Coordinator Josh Dean. Click through the links below to get started.
- Enterprise Registration – If you have an idea and want to meet with us, click here to register.
- Why start a business - Find out why starting your own business can be rewarding and exciting.
- Get business advice – Book an appointment with our business guru.
- Getting a business started - Some information and advice regarding getting your business started.
- Frequently Asked Questions – Commonly asked questions you may have when starting your business
- Enterprise Funding – Information about funding opportunities and ways to get finance for your idea.
- Case Studies – See how other students have successfully had their business ideas supported by LUSU.
- LUSU Enterprise Handbook Policy – The Policy all student businesses supported by LUSU must abide by.
- Lancaster University Enterprise Centre - The University’s Enterprise team offer a range of support for new enterprises and entrepreneurs throughout the year.
- Careers Advice - Advice from the University’s Career service on how to translate your enterprising skills to your career.
Part of the Northwest Enterprise Champion project, part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund