Looking for somewhere to live for next year?
If you’re going to be living off campus, LUSU Living can help you. They offer properties of all sizes to let, and are Lancaster’s largest landlord, offering 40 week leases with rent inclusive of utilities, phone and broadband and no deposit or retainer to pay.
If you are completely new to the area it will be useful to know the names of residential areas in Lancaster
The Ridge, Hala, Newlands, Newton, Vale, Marsh, Ryelands, Beaumont, Scotforth, Greaves, Bowerham, High Grove, Moorgate, Bulk, Aldcliffe, Snatchems. Other names of villages in the surrounding area and the travel times can be found below.
- Searching For A Room
- Currently Available Private Houses
- Temporary Accommodation
- Travel Times and Distances
- Houses Available for Academic Year 2013-14
Living in a group
Key things to think about in relation to your group are:
- What is your attitude to tidiness? Does everything have to have its place or can you cope with clutter?
- How do you feel about noise?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Do you all have a comparable income? Some tensions can occur when some of the group go out pubbing and clubbing a lot when others can hardly afford to eat
- How many people do you want to live with and how do you feel about various lovers and friends moving in? It’s easy for groups of four and five to extend as partners move in.
Have a frank discussion before signing contracts, living together can make or break some friendships. If you sign too early, you could be tied into a contract sharing with people you don’t really want to. However, if you get it right, you’ll have a great time living off campus together.
REMEMBER: This property will be your home for the next few months